Official King Of The Mat Grappling Championship Rules
1. T-Shirt or a Rash Guard must be worn during the match.
2. Shoes are not allowed.
3. Competitors must wear Fight Shorts, Board Shorts or Spats. (No mesh gym shorts)
4. Competitors are not allowed to grab and use their opponents clothing while applying submissions or going for takedowns.
5. No strikes of any kind
6. No small joint manipulation.
7. Any sudden outbursts made by a competitor during a match will be considered a verbal tap and will result in an immediate ref stoppage.
8. A competitor can not exit the mat at any time to escape a submission that is locked in.
9. No cups (Genital Protection Cup)
10. Matches will consist of one 10 minute round.
11. All submission are legal.
12. Slamming is legal in regulation time only. No slamming in overtime rounds. (NO SPIKING ON HEAD) Spiking on the head is a immediate
13. Muffler is legal. (Smothering of the mouth and nose with the hand) Keep it clean.
14. No double guard sits. The first competitor to sit guard stays the other opponent must stand and actively try to pass guard.
15. Sitting guard. If a opponent sits guard the opponent standing must actively attempt to pass the open guard the opponent standing is not allowed to not attack or a penalty will be given. The opponent that sits guard is not allowed to butt scoot away from the standing opponent.
16. Wrestling. During the stand up the competitors must stay active and look for take downs. A competitor is not allowed to just defend takedowns to kill time the ref will have the competitor sit guard and defend his open guard.
17. Stalling Penalty. A competitor will get 1 verbal warning by the judge. If at any time during the match the judge gives a yellow card the opponent given the stalling penalty loses there opportunity at overtime rounds and can only win the match by submission if the round times out the opponent not given the penalty automatically wins the match. Next penalty is a red card and a immediate disqualification.
18. EBI overtime rounds will be 3-3
KING OF THE MAT IN HOUSE WEIGH IN CLASSES
154 and under
206 and up